Reports Emerge on Alleged Detention of Former Defense Minister, Refutations Follow
Photo: Gov.kz
Claims about the detention of Ruslan Zhaqsylyqov have surfaced along with subsequent refutations.
Orda.kz reports what is known so far.
Today, Ulysmedia and Elmedia reported, citing their sources, about the detention of the former Minister. There is no official confirmation of this information.
President Qasym-Jomart Toqayev dismissed him on June 8.
Denials and Video Footage
Tengrinews later reported that this was untrue and published a video of an employee speaking with Zhaqsylyqov.
Zhaqsylyqov told them that he was having lunch at home.
The video shows the ex-minister in a home environment. A refutation was also issued by the founder of the KazTAG news agency, Asset Matayev.
According to Orda.kz sources, the reason for the appearance of information about the detention could have been investigative actions in the Ministry of Defense.
All this, including Zhaqsylyqov’s resignation, is happening against the backdrop of a significant increase in the military budget and the rearmament of Kazakhstan's army.
Latest news
- Kazakhstan Delivers Humanitarian Aid To Iran
- Oil Market Volatility And A Stronger Dollar — Kazakhstan’s Week In Review
- Authorities To Tighten Astana Development Rules
- “We Need A Year Of Observation” — Talks On Kazakhstan’s Balkhash Nuclear Power Plant Held In Moscow
- Parking In Astana To Become More Expensive
- Kazakhstan To Launch Artificial Rainfall Project
- Kazakhstan’s Health Ministry Admits Medicine Supply Disruptions
- Center Of Turkic Civilization To Be Built In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Join Halyk Kenesi, Parliament Says
- The OTS Seeks Influence — Can The Turkic Union Become A Real Political Player?
- Astana Records 1,500 Traffic Violations A Day, Akimat Says
- “Not A Military Alliance, But A Platform For Cooperation” — Tokayev Speaks At OTS Summit In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Create New Regions In Kazakhstan? Parliament Defines Powers
- Nazarbayev’s Grandson, Freedom Founder And Ordabasy’s Future Owner Among Kazakhstan’s Youngest Richest Businessmen
- Deputy Says Salary Is Not Enough, Asked His Wife To Work
- Kazakhstan Is Buying Fewer Drones, But Paying More For Them
- Kazakhstan And Turkey To Create UAV Production Enterprise — What Else The Presidents Agreed On
- KTZ Top Management Pay Tops One Billion Tenge
- “We Are Being Asked to Approve an Illegal Project”: Environmentalists Demand Halt to Almaty Mountain Development
- Pentagon May Add $400 Million to Kazakh Tungsten Project Linked to Trump’s Sons