Chelakh Refused to Comment on His Appeal to Toqayev
Vladislav Chelakh is a former border guard who is serving a life sentence for the murder of 15 people at the Arkankergen border zone. He initially confessed to the crime, but later retracted his confession, claiming it had been obtained under pressure. Chelakh had recently written a letter to the president with a request to reopen the case against him.
Chelakh's relatives sent the letter to the editorial office of Radio Azattyk. In his address, he says he is ready to talk about what really happened that day at the border post.
Dear President, after so many years, I am still ready to shed light on the whole picture of the tragedy that occurred. All the guilty must bear their punishment. I'm not asking for much — just to hear [Ed. me out], to give me an opportunity. I want and am ready to talk about everything as it was. I am ready to give all the evidence to investigators that will be unbiased and impartial,
the letter says.
An Orda journalist appealed to the Committee of the Criminal Executive System of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for comment from Chelakh.
In turn, Vladislav Chelakh wrote to the administration of the “Chyorny Berkyt" a statement indicating that he does not intend to discuss his appeal to the president with media representatives.
The Prosecutor General's Office of Kazakhstan has not heard about this appeal, but they are ready to consider it if there is an appropriate instruction.
Unfortunately, I do not have such information that Chelakh did this. Therefore, unfortunately, I will not be able to comment now. But if there is such an appeal, let us revise it and provide an answer,
Deputy Prosecutor General of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Zhandos Morialiev, said on the sidelines of the Majilis.
In June 2022, when an Orda journalist was in the high-security prison colony popularly referred to as the "Chyorny Berkyt", Chelakh was on a short-term visit with his father. He flatly refused to talk to the correspondent.
On May 28, 2012, 15 people were killed at the Arkankergen post located on the Kazakh-Chinese border. The investigation established the alleged culprit — conscript soldier Vladislav Chelakh from Karaganda.
He was sentenced to life imprisonment. Since March 2013, Chelakh has been held in a special regime colony in Kostanay region near the city of Zhitikar.
Orignal Author: Damira Augambayeva
Latest news
- Kazakhstan Has Almost Three Times More Old Cars Than New Ones
- Businesses Warn Unfinished Cargo Document System Could Lead To Unfair Fines
- Kazakhstan To Mine More Coal Despite Green Energy Pledges
- Astana LRT Finally Opens After Years Of Delays
- Kazakhstan Delivers Humanitarian Aid To Iran
- Oil Market Volatility And A Stronger Dollar — Kazakhstan’s Week In Review
- Authorities To Tighten Astana Development Rules
- “We Need A Year Of Observation” — Talks On Kazakhstan’s Balkhash Nuclear Power Plant Held In Moscow
- Parking In Astana To Become More Expensive
- Kazakhstan To Launch Artificial Rainfall Project
- Kazakhstan’s Health Ministry Admits Medicine Supply Disruptions
- Center Of Turkic Civilization To Be Built In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Join Halyk Kenesi, Parliament Says
- The OTS Seeks Influence — Can The Turkic Union Become A Real Political Player?
- Astana Records 1,500 Traffic Violations A Day, Akimat Says
- “Not A Military Alliance, But A Platform For Cooperation” — Tokayev Speaks At OTS Summit In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Create New Regions In Kazakhstan? Parliament Defines Powers
- Nazarbayev’s Grandson, Freedom Founder And Ordabasy’s Future Owner Among Kazakhstan’s Youngest Richest Businessmen
- Deputy Says Salary Is Not Enough, Asked His Wife To Work
- Kazakhstan Is Buying Fewer Drones, But Paying More For Them