Sherzat Polat: Court Hears Car Dialogue After Fight
Photo: Screenshot - Video Supreme Court
The Taldykorgan court heard recorded dialogues between the suspects and eyewitnesses following the fight that led to Sherzat Polat's death, Orda.kz reports.
In the car were Nurkiyas Ilyasov, Abzal Shynasyl, Arlan Yuldashev, along with witnesses Dina Zhaksigeldy and Elmira Nurbekova. Later, Dina got into another vehicle.
Video footage from a dashcam played in court shows the group discussing the fight that took place near the Kamazhay store. Some of them are laughing, swearing, and even joking. The young women appear calm and are engaged in conversation with the suspects.
At a previous hearing, Elmira Nurbekova testified that she had been in shock and didn’t remember anything. In the video, she is heard actively discussing the fight and a weapon.
One of the suspects is heard saying:
Sorry, this is my child. Like (he - Ed.) beat that woman....
Further parts of the sentence were obscenely worded and were not read out loud in court.
In the video, one person sings, another talks about an upcoming wedding. Another asks Elmira about the fight and the gun. The following dialogue was played:
One man. Not one of ours. He's lying somewhere, Elmira responds.
“Did he get tossed out?” - one person asks
Mhm. He pointed a weapon at us. Then people came running. Two are lying on the ground,
she continues.
She then describes how the conflict started:
At first, everyone was standing in a group outside the store. My friend and I went into the store and asked for cigarettes. At that moment, someone shouted from outside: ‘Come out, I’m going to get a gun now!’ We went out. There was some commotion outside, and we came back. I saw that the guy was in the store.
When asked to describe the man, Elmira replies:
Yes, yes. He was a big guy. He came out and shouted: ‘I'll shoot you all!’ And our guys said: ‘If you shoot, shoot, we don't care.’ We were standing there watching. He yelled: ‘I'm shooting, I'm shooting!’ People started running away. Then the man came out and fired two shots into the air.
Later in the video, a conversation about police begins, one person makes a call and asks to send someone.
Moments later, those in the car notice police officers arriving.
Background of the Case
The killing took place on October 4 in Talgar, near the Kamazhay store. Sherzat Polat, aged 16, was stabbed and died. Nearly a month later, his uncle Nurganat Gaipbayev was found dead, he is believed to have committed suicide.
On October 12, the family’s home in Azat village burned down.
The trial continues in Taldykorgan, with Orda.kz covering the proceedings.
Original Author: Perizat Jarylqasyn
This article may be updated later
Latest news
- Kazakhstan Delivers Humanitarian Aid To Iran
- Oil Market Volatility And A Stronger Dollar — Kazakhstan’s Week In Review
- Authorities To Tighten Astana Development Rules
- “We Need A Year Of Observation” — Talks On Kazakhstan’s Balkhash Nuclear Power Plant Held In Moscow
- Parking In Astana To Become More Expensive
- Kazakhstan To Launch Artificial Rainfall Project
- Kazakhstan’s Health Ministry Admits Medicine Supply Disruptions
- Center Of Turkic Civilization To Be Built In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Join Halyk Kenesi, Parliament Says
- The OTS Seeks Influence — Can The Turkic Union Become A Real Political Player?
- Astana Records 1,500 Traffic Violations A Day, Akimat Says
- “Not A Military Alliance, But A Platform For Cooperation” — Tokayev Speaks At OTS Summit In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Create New Regions In Kazakhstan? Parliament Defines Powers
- Nazarbayev’s Grandson, Freedom Founder And Ordabasy’s Future Owner Among Kazakhstan’s Youngest Richest Businessmen
- Deputy Says Salary Is Not Enough, Asked His Wife To Work
- Kazakhstan Is Buying Fewer Drones, But Paying More For Them
- Kazakhstan And Turkey To Create UAV Production Enterprise — What Else The Presidents Agreed On
- KTZ Top Management Pay Tops One Billion Tenge
- “We Are Being Asked to Approve an Illegal Project”: Environmentalists Demand Halt to Almaty Mountain Development
- Pentagon May Add $400 Million to Kazakh Tungsten Project Linked to Trump’s Sons