Airport Incident Involving Aqtau Prosecutor: New Details Emerge
Photo: Gov.kz
New details have emerged about the late-night altercation involving Yerbolat Abdirov, who has since been dismissed from his post, Orda.kz reports.
Our newsroom obtained a copy of the Mangystau Regional Court of Appeal’s ruling, which lays out in detail what happened during the so-called “nighttime brawl” at the Almaty Airport.
According to the court document, on August 27, around 11 p.m., Abdirov harassed passengers and disrupted public order on a shuttle bus taking travelers to their plane.
Two brothers who witnessed the incident told the court that Abdirov approached them and said:
“What year were you born? Do you know who I am? I’m an authority here — and you’re just kids.”
They said he then became aggressive.
He grabbed them by the neck, hurled insults, and continued to harass them (the obscene language he used is recorded in the case file). During the ride, Ye.S. Abdirov kept shouting insults and at one point struck S.R.Ye. in the eye and nose with his right hand. Knowing he was drunk, they chose not to confront him. When boarding, they informed the flight attendants, the case materials state.
Airport staff also reported that the man smelled strongly of alcohol, staggered, and persistently bothered passengers. A medical examination later confirmed a moderate level of alcohol intoxication.
The trial court initially dismissed the case, ruling that no offense had been committed. However, the Aviation Transport Prosecutor’s Office appealed that decision.
The Mangystau Regional Court of Appeal overturned the ruling, found Yerbolat Abdirov guilty of petty hooliganism, and fined him 78,640 tenge.
A source told Orda.kz that following the incident, Abdirov was removed from his position as Aqtau’s prosecutor.
The newsroom has sent an official request to the Mangystau Regional Prosecutor’s Office for comment on disciplinary measures taken against him.
Original Author: Dinara Bekbolayeva
Latest news
- Archaeologists Study 1,500-Year-Old Settlement in Southern Kazakhstan
- Kyrgyzstan Confirms Generator Failure but Rejects Blame for Almaty Blackout
- Kokshetau Power Plant Shifts to Domestic Financing and Chinese Equipment
- Kazakhstan May Have to Choose Between US and Chinese AI Initiatives
- Kazakhstan Still Unable to Resume Druzhba Oil Exports to Germany
- Major Blackout Hits Much of Central Asia
- “He Was Not Ready”: Japarov Drops Plan to Back Tashiev and Will Seek Re-Election
- Domestic Violence Center Lawyer Convicted of Assaulting His Wife
- South Korea Opens Legal Factory and Cleaning Jobs to Kazakhstanis
- Almaty Petition Calls for Halt to Covering Open Irrigation Channels
- Rare Vulture Tagged in Kazakhstan to Track Its Migration
- Kazakhstan’s First 50 MW Data Center to Launch in June 2027
- KNB Service Dog Returns to Auction With Minimum Price of About 20 Cents
- Kazakhtelecom Finds No Internal Fault as Telegram Problems Continue
- Telegram Disruptions Reported Across Kazakhstan
- Employee Numbers Rise as Self-Employment Declines in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan’s Maritime Companies Earn More From Vessel Charters Than Shipping
- Digital Ministry Comments on Alleged Leak of 15 Million Kazakhstanis’ Data
- German Couple Dies in Akmola Region Highway Crash
- State Agencies to Receive Top Score When Citizens Leave No Feedback