Zelenskyy To Run For Second Term — Telegraf
Photo: Ukraine President\'s Office
The current President of Ukraine has announced his decision to seek a second term, Orda.kz reports, citing Telegraf.
With a trust level of 52%, he still has a chance to win the election, the report says.
According to sources close to the President, Valerii Zaluzhnyi, the former commander-in-chief of Ukraine's Armed Forces and the Ukrainian ambassador to the UK, could be Volodymyr Zelenskyy's primary opponent.
However, Zaluzhnyi has not decided on "his political future."
Telegraf also claims that Zaluzhnyi allegedly receives threats of potential criminal charges if he chooses to run in the elections.
In December last year, the Ukrainian news site Strana, citing its sources, reported that Zelenskyy's office was urging Zaluzhnyi not to run for president.
As an alternative, he was reportedly offered a position on the Servant of the People party's list and the role of Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada.
The presidential elections, initially planned for March 2024, can only be held if martial law is lifted in the country.
In an interview with Lex Fridman on January 6, Zelenskyy said he had not decided whether to participate. He did not name the exact date of the vote.
Original Author: Raushan Korzhumbekova
Latest news
- Kazakh Activist Sentenced In Electoral Rights Case
- Kazakhstan Signs Extradition Agreements With Hong Kong And Macau
- Kazakhstan Plans Six Air Taxi Vertiports By 2028
- Why Kazakhstan Is Looking For Belgian Businessman Frank Monstrey
- Government Rejects Higher Markups For Rural Food Stores
- Kazakhstan Prepares Local Suppliers For Nuclear Power Plant Construction
- Akimats Turn To Stock Exchange To Fund Housing Projects
- Kazakhstan To Expand Digital Biometric Records System
- Kazakhstan Farmers Face Contract Blocks Over Irrigation Water Debt
- Former Priest Iakov Vorontsov To Be Sent To Psychiatric Hospital
- Astana Woman Jailed For Visa Fraud Worth Nearly 900 Million Tenge
- Foreign-Plated Car Owners Protest Police Raids In Atyrau
- Kazakhstan Wasted Almost 650 Billion Tenge In 2025, Auditors Say
- Almost 90% Of Kazakh Businesses Still Operate Without Innovation
- Demolition, Resettlement And A New Design Code: How Astana Will Be Rebuilt By 2030
- Kazakhstan Plans Large Energy Storage Systems For Wind And Solar Power
- Authorities Consider LRT From Almaty To Alatau, But Metro Extension Is Not Planned Yet
- Kazakhstani Military Personnel To Receive Expanded Social Guarantees
- Kazakhstan’s Banks Are Still Making Billions, But Profit Growth Is Slowing
- Astana Court Allows Ukraine’s Naftogaz To Recover $1.4 Billion From Gazprom