Yerbayan Mukhtar: Another Criminal Case Opened
A criminal case has been opened concerning the actions of the doctors who treated the National Guard conscript Yerbayan Mukhtar, Orda.kz reports.
Lawyer and human rights activist Inga Imanbay reported that law enforcement agencies began investigating a new criminal case related to doctors' actions. It was initiated on October 1 and will be considered in parallel with the main criminal case. Imanbay represents the interests of Yerbayan Mukhtar's family.
An examination has been initiated for this case as well. We are also waiting for the results of the examination for the main case. With your support, we will continue to demand justice, said Inga Imanbay.
National Guard conscript Yerbayan Mukhtar fell into a coma in late 2023 after sustaining a traumatic injury. Fellow servicemen claimed he fell in a restroom and hit his head.
Yerbayan Mukhtar was treated at the Central Clinical Hospital of Almaty.
After awakening, Yerbayan gestured to show his family that he had been physically assaulted. However, after that, he was sent to a military hospital, where part of his brain was removed. The soldier again fell into a coma and was transferred back to the Central Clinical Hospital of Almaty.
In June, he was transferred from intensive care to the neurosurgery department, and in July, he was sent to Astana to the National Neurosurgical Center.
More than 220 million KZT donations were collected to help finance Yerbayan Mukhtar's rehabilitation.
Thanks to them, the soldier was sent to a foreign clinic for treatment in September.
Original Author: Nikita Drobny
Latest news
- Kazakhstan Delivers Humanitarian Aid To Iran
- Oil Market Volatility And A Stronger Dollar — Kazakhstan’s Week In Review
- Authorities To Tighten Astana Development Rules
- “We Need A Year Of Observation” — Talks On Kazakhstan’s Balkhash Nuclear Power Plant Held In Moscow
- Parking In Astana To Become More Expensive
- Kazakhstan To Launch Artificial Rainfall Project
- Kazakhstan’s Health Ministry Admits Medicine Supply Disruptions
- Center Of Turkic Civilization To Be Built In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Join Halyk Kenesi, Parliament Says
- The OTS Seeks Influence — Can The Turkic Union Become A Real Political Player?
- Astana Records 1,500 Traffic Violations A Day, Akimat Says
- “Not A Military Alliance, But A Platform For Cooperation” — Tokayev Speaks At OTS Summit In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Create New Regions In Kazakhstan? Parliament Defines Powers
- Nazarbayev’s Grandson, Freedom Founder And Ordabasy’s Future Owner Among Kazakhstan’s Youngest Richest Businessmen
- Deputy Says Salary Is Not Enough, Asked His Wife To Work
- Kazakhstan Is Buying Fewer Drones, But Paying More For Them
- Kazakhstan And Turkey To Create UAV Production Enterprise — What Else The Presidents Agreed On
- KTZ Top Management Pay Tops One Billion Tenge
- “We Are Being Asked to Approve an Illegal Project”: Environmentalists Demand Halt to Almaty Mountain Development
- Pentagon May Add $400 Million to Kazakh Tungsten Project Linked to Trump’s Sons