Too Еarly to Announce Ukraine Talks' Result, Rubio Says
Photo: Andrey Yermak\'s Telegram channel
Sunday’s peace talks in Ukraine concluded, and U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio, speaking to reporters late Sunday evening in Geneva, announced that the delegations’ work would continue tomorrow, Orda.kz reports.
Rubio added that work on this plan had been underway for three weeks and had accelerated significantly in the last four days. He said Washington understood the parties’ priorities and red lines, which allowed them to create a fundamental document that is now being revised. However, it is too early to disclose details.
He noted that the U.S. plan contains between 26 and 28 points, depending on the version of the document, and that the final version will need to be approved at the presidential level.
Meanwhile, The Telegraph and Reuters published a European plan for peace in Ukraine on Sunday.
Trump’s plan has been considered too favorable to Moscow, as it envisions the transfer of significant territories to Russia, a reduction in the Ukrainian army, and a ban on NATO troops on Ukrainian territory.
The European plan is much more lenient toward Ukraine. Unlike Trump’s plan, it does not prohibit Ukraine from joining NATO.
After the negotiations, Rubio was asked about counter-proposals from Britain, Germany, and France, but he replied that he did not see any alternative option.
Original Author: Oksana Matvienko
Latest news
- Kazakhstan’s Credit Rating Upgraded for First Time in a Decade
- While Thousands Lost Power, KEGOC Executives Received Nearly Half a Billion Tenge
- Changi Airport Group May Help Build Astana’s New Airport
- US Again Extends Deadline for Lukoil to Sell Its Assets in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Extradites Business Manager From Russia in 290 Million Tenge Tax Case
- Released Amur Tiger Successfully Hunts in Kazakhstan’s Wild
- Kazakhstan Moves to Develop Critical Minerals as Global Competition Intensifies
- Another Performance by Kazakh Stand-Up Comedian Called Off
- Uzbekistan Begins Preparations for Second Nuclear Power Plant
- Backpack Links Glacier Remains to Man Missing for 19 Years
- 650-Hectare Wildfire Contained in Karaganda Region
- Unusual Wildlife Encounter Captured in Altyn-Emel
- Retired Border Service Dog Sold for $2 at Kazakhstan Auction
- Will Kazakhstan Have Enough Coal This Winter?
- Belarusian Hikers Find Body on Glacier Near Almaty
- Kazakhstan Investigates Spending on 242 Million Tenge Educational Game
- Kazakhstan Makes Caspian Oil Companies Pay for Counterterrorism Deployments
- Kazakhstan Faces Shortage of 245,000 School Places
- Waste Dumping Reported Near Yurt Camps at Lake Zaisan
- Kazakh Oil Rerouted to Novorossiysk as Russia Frees Baltic Export Capacity