Sports School Officials Gamble Away Budget Funds
Photo: Elements.envato.com, ill. purposes
Two directors of youth sports schools in the Aqtobe region misappropriated budget funds, using money from renting out halls and facilities for personal gain, Orda.kz reports.
According to the regional Prosecutor’s Office, the officials embezzled over 12 million tenge, spending state funds on gambling and bookmaker bets.
Based on these findings, two criminal cases have been opened, led by the regional Department of Economic Investigations, the prosecutor's office stated.
The investigation was completed on January 10, 2025. Now, the court will decide the fate of the former directors.
Original Author: Alina Pak
Latest news
- Kazakhstanis Made 27 Million Cinema Visits Last Year
- How Kazakhstan Buys Medicines Through Its State Operator
- EAEU Eases Freight Restrictions On Key Transport Corridors
- No Textbooks, Not Enough Specialists: What Kazakhstan Promised Visually Impaired Children
- Kazakhstan Has Almost Three Times More Old Cars Than New Ones
- Businesses Warn Unfinished Cargo Document System Could Lead To Unfair Fines
- Kazakhstan To Mine More Coal Despite Green Energy Pledges
- Astana LRT Finally Opens After Years Of Delays
- Kazakhstan Delivers Humanitarian Aid To Iran
- Oil Market Volatility And A Stronger Dollar — Kazakhstan’s Week In Review
- Authorities To Tighten Astana Development Rules
- “We Need A Year Of Observation” — Talks On Kazakhstan’s Balkhash Nuclear Power Plant Held In Moscow
- Parking In Astana To Become More Expensive
- Kazakhstan To Launch Artificial Rainfall Project
- Kazakhstan’s Health Ministry Admits Medicine Supply Disruptions
- Center Of Turkic Civilization To Be Built In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Join Halyk Kenesi, Parliament Says
- The OTS Seeks Influence — Can The Turkic Union Become A Real Political Player?
- Astana Records 1,500 Traffic Violations A Day, Akimat Says
- “Not A Military Alliance, But A Platform For Cooperation” — Tokayev Speaks At OTS Summit In Turkestan