Soldier Fell Into Coma: Court Continues Case
Another court hearing was held in the Almaty garrison military court on the case of Nurjigit Abdilpatty, Orda reports.
He fell into a coma while serving in Otar. Doctors and sergeants of the unit were questioned at the hearing. A pulmonologist stated that she had drawn up a medical report without personally examining the soldier.
19-year-old Nurjigit Abdilpattu was drafted into the army on May 17 and sent to military unit 30/212 in Otar.
23 days later, on June 9, his parents learned that their son had fallen into a coma.
Nurjigit says he was taking medicine for his throat, and at that moment, Junior Sergeant Dastan Turlan struck him in the stomach and right side of the chest. The soldier's condition deteriorated: nosebleeds, increased sweating, and fever. He later fell into a coma.
At the court hearing, pulmonologist Sagynysh Nurgabylova stated that the coma could have occurred without the blow.
The first symptoms of Nurjigit 's illness appeared on May 15-18: an itchy throat, he started taking medication. All this happened before the strike. Already on June 4-5, he complained of a headache and weakness. He was diagnosed with right-sided polysegmental pneumonia, first viral and then bacterial. X-rays show that the disease developed four to five days before the alleged strike. The strike could not have affected the pneumonia, it began earlier. The coma could have occurred without external influence,
the doctor said.
The soldier, according to the doctor, did not seek help before the incident.
Nurjigit's mother says that the infectious disease specialist and pulmonologist did not examine her son.
Nurgabylova also admitted that she had only studied his medical condition via documents.
When the soldier was taken to the hospital, he was conscious. I did not see him personally. I was given three cases of documents and asked to write a conclusion. I spent a lot of time studying these papers, and my conclusions are based solely on them, said Nurgabylova.
Nurjigit's lawyer stated that the infectious disease specialist and pulmonologist had drawn up identical conclusions.
He also said the conclusion had been rewritten verbatim; the doctors had not added anything new.
Nurjigit's family disagrees with the doctors' conclusions and believes many facts are misrepresented.
The X-ray was taken only when my son's condition had critically worsened. A person who had never seen my son made a conclusion based only on documents. This is wrong. I did not receive clear answers to my questions, said the soldier's mother, Zhanna Zhanalina.
Nurjigit reaffirmed that he had no health problems prior to the assault.
Before the blow, I never complained about my condition. After the blow, I was taken to the hospital two days later, and I don't remember very well what I told the doctors, he said.
Orda continues to monitor developments.
Original Author: Asem Zhuken
Latest news
- Kazakhstan’s Credit Rating Upgraded for First Time in a Decade
- While Thousands Lost Power, KEGOC Executives Received Nearly Half a Billion Tenge
- Changi Airport Group May Help Build Astana’s New Airport
- US Again Extends Deadline for Lukoil to Sell Its Assets in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Extradites Business Manager From Russia in 290 Million Tenge Tax Case
- Released Amur Tiger Successfully Hunts in Kazakhstan’s Wild
- Kazakhstan Moves to Develop Critical Minerals as Global Competition Intensifies
- Another Performance by Kazakh Stand-Up Comedian Called Off
- Uzbekistan Begins Preparations for Second Nuclear Power Plant
- Backpack Links Glacier Remains to Man Missing for 19 Years
- 650-Hectare Wildfire Contained in Karaganda Region
- Unusual Wildlife Encounter Captured in Altyn-Emel
- Retired Border Service Dog Sold for $2 at Kazakhstan Auction
- Will Kazakhstan Have Enough Coal This Winter?
- Belarusian Hikers Find Body on Glacier Near Almaty
- Kazakhstan Investigates Spending on 242 Million Tenge Educational Game
- Kazakhstan Makes Caspian Oil Companies Pay for Counterterrorism Deployments
- Kazakhstan Faces Shortage of 245,000 School Places
- Waste Dumping Reported Near Yurt Camps at Lake Zaisan
- Kazakh Oil Rerouted to Novorossiysk as Russia Frees Baltic Export Capacity