Organizer of Multi-Billion-Tenge Online Casino Operation Brought to Kazakhstan
Photo: Agency for Financial Monitoring
The Mangistau Region Department of the Agency for Financial Monitoring (AFM) has reported an illegal online casino scheme involving 3.1 billion tenge. The suspect, Rantik Bakhtiyar Oglu, was extradited from Georgia, Orda.kz reports
According to investigators, the platform operated via the website bingo37.pro and offered more than 1,000 gambling games.
«Players were recruited via Telegram and WhatsApp. Ads, photos, and videos promised easy earnings and offered bonuses and promotions. After users transferred money, they were sent a login and password to access the gaming platform, „the AFM said
To accept payments and conceal the movement of funds, the suspects used «droppers» — Individuals from Georgia and Tajikistan. They travelled to Kazakhstan, opened bank accounts and obtained SIM cards, and then provided access to the organizer.
Investigators say more than 3.1 billion tenge passed through these accounts.
In August 2025, the suspect was placed on an international wanted list. A court ordered pre-trial detention in absentia. In January 2026, he was detained in Georgia and extradited to Kazakhstan.
«The court also ordered the confiscation of two cars in favour of the state: a Porsche Cayenne and a Lexus GX 460. They were registered in the names of third parties to conceal ownership, » the department said
The investigation is ongoing.
Previously, the AFM placed citizens of Ukraine and the United States on an international wanted list in connection with an illegal online casino network in Kazakhstan. Investigators say they set up several firms to process payments: customers’ money was routed through transit accounts, converted into cryptocurrency, and then withdrawn abroad.
Original author: Asel Turar
Latest news
- Freedom Bank Cancels Planned Kyrgyz Subsidiary After Shareholder Vote
- Kazakhstan’s Industry Sees Early-Year Slowdown
- Organizer of Multi-Billion-Tenge Online Casino Operation Brought to Kazakhstan
- Parents Oppose a Complete Ban on Smartphones in Kazakhstan’s Schools
- Tokayev and Japarov Exchange Support Amid Constitutional Reforms and Political Resignations
- Oskemen Recorded Over 1,000 Exceedances of Harmful Air Pollutants
- Why Dariga Nazarbayeva’s Hotel in Astana Was Sold to «Otbasy Bank»
- Burger King Suspends Regional Head After Public Outcry Over Autistic Employee’s Dismissal
- Government Reveals When Kazakhstan Will Launch a New Oil Refinery
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev congratulates Xi Jinping on Chinese New Year
- Part of Shymkent’s 3-Billion-Tenge Dam Destroyed One Month After Completion
- Putin to Visit Kazakhstan in Late May at Tokayev’s Invitation
- Clean Air for Almaty: Coal Power to Be Moved to Pavlodar Region
- Burger King Employee With Autism Allegedly Pressured to Resign After Management Change
- Bagdat Musin Explains Why KazLLM Is Not «Kazakhstan’s ChatGPT»
- Military Convoys in Three Kazakh Cities — What the Defense Ministry Says
- Kazakhstan Takes Two Golds at Artistic Swimming World Cup Stage in Medellín
- 2,500 Participants from 22 Countries: Almaty Opens the Running Season
- Snow and Frost: Weather Forecast for February 15
- Tokayev congratulates Serbia’s President Vucic on Statehood Day