Kazakhstan Denies Rumors of a Possible Exit From the OPEC+ Deal
Photo: elements.envato.com
Kazakhstan’s Energy Ministry has responded to rumors that the country could end its participation in the OPEC+ agreement, Orda.kz reports.
On April 29, after the UAE’s statement about leaving OPEC and OPEC+, some foreign analysts suggested that Kazakhstan might also soon withdraw from the deal on controlling oil production. The Energy Ministry’s press service commented on the situation today.
Earlier, Orda.kz wrote that the UAE had announced its withdrawal from OPEC and OPEC+. That decision sparked a wave of discussion in the market and among analysts. Experts warned that such a precedent could encourage other countries to reconsider their participation. Iraq and Kazakhstan were named among the first possible candidates because of tensions between domestic production goals and obligations under OPEC+.
Kazakhstan’s Energy Ministry today denied any intention to leave the agreement and said the country would continue to participate.
At present, the issue of changing the format of the country’s participation in the agreement is not on the agenda.the ministry’s press service said.
Original author: Elvira Ivannikova
Read also:
Latest news
- Kazakhstan Promises High Tariffs to Attract Investors for New Gas Power Plants
- Kazakhstan Spent $4 Million to Evacuate Citizens from the Middle East
- Astana Preparing for New Second Airport: Most Likely Location Revealed
- Government Reviews Tax Relief Measures for Businesses Amid Growing Administrative Pressure
- Kazakhstan Plans Direct Flights to Tokyo and New York
- Kazakhstan Airports Test Biometric Check-In That Replaces Passenger Documents
- Akimats May Get Right to Subsidize Domestic Flights in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Promises Personalized Free Medicine System by 2027
- Astana Residents Urged Not to Interfere With LRT Operations After Passenger Surge
- Kazakhstan May Use Toll Road Revenue to Repay Highway Construction Loans
- Kazakhstanis Made 27 Million Cinema Visits Last Year
- How Kazakhstan Buys Medicines Through Its State Operator
- EAEU Eases Freight Restrictions On Key Transport Corridors
- No Textbooks, Not Enough Specialists: What Kazakhstan Promised Visually Impaired Children
- Kazakhstan Has Almost Three Times More Old Cars Than New Ones
- Businesses Warn Unfinished Cargo Document System Could Lead To Unfair Fines
- Kazakhstan To Mine More Coal Despite Green Energy Pledges
- Astana LRT Finally Opens After Years Of Delays
- Kazakhstan Delivers Humanitarian Aid To Iran
- Oil Market Volatility And A Stronger Dollar — Kazakhstan’s Week In Review