Journalist Lukpan Akhmedyarov Reports New Wave of Pressure
Photo: Adilsoz.kz
A fake Instagram account mimicking the independent media project “Just Journalism” appeared shortly after the original profile was deleted. Its founder, Lukpan Akhmedyarov, received a sudden — and then canceled — summons from police, Orda.kz reports.
On July 8, Akhmedyarov announced that the official Instagram page for “Just Journalism" had been removed without warning.
Within minutes, a lookalike profile appeared online under the handle justjournalism.official, using the same logo and republishing some of the original content. A similar clone account was also created in Akhmedyarov’s name.
“This is not our account. Ours was deleted. And the attackers created a copy and are pretending to be us,” the journalist wrote.
The incident coincided with an unusual development: Akhmedyarov received a police summons for questioning. However, ten minutes before the scheduled meeting, the investigator called to cancel.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if these are all links in the same chain,” he said.
Previously, a criminal case was opened against Akhmedyarov after an Oral resident filed a complaint against him.
According to Akhmedyarov, the woman later revealed police had pressured her into doing so. Akhmedyarov provided audio recordings to support said claims.
He believes the recent pressure stems from his reporting on ethnic Kazakhs participating in the war on the side of Russia and the deaths of recruited natives of Kazakhstan.
Original Author: Ruslan Loginov
Latest news
- Almaty Will Not Build New Sports Facilities for the 2029 Asian Games
- Earthquake Recorded in Kazakhstan in 2020 May Have Been China’s Nuclear Test
- Kazakhstan May Move Constitution Day to March 15
- Kazakhstan’s Cinema Market: Kazakhfilm Fined, Kinopark Under Antitrust Scrutiny
- Kazakhstan Extradites Tax Fraud Suspect from Kyrgyzstan
- New 5.3-km Hiking Trail to Big Almaty Lake Planned for 2026
- Kazakhstan Introduces New Rules for Parcels Ordered from Foreign Marketplaces
- FlyArystan Appoints Executive from European Airline as CEO
- Freedom Bank Cancels Planned Kyrgyz Subsidiary After Shareholder Vote
- Kazakhstan’s Industry Sees Early-Year Slowdown
- Organizer of Multi-Billion-Tenge Online Casino Operation Brought to Kazakhstan
- Parents Oppose a Complete Ban on Smartphones in Kazakhstan’s Schools
- Tokayev and Japarov Exchange Support Amid Constitutional Reforms and Political Resignations
- Oskemen Recorded Over 1,000 Exceedances of Harmful Air Pollutants
- Why Dariga Nazarbayeva’s Hotel in Astana Was Sold to «Otbasy Bank»
- Burger King Suspends Regional Head After Public Outcry Over Autistic Employee’s Dismissal
- Government Reveals When Kazakhstan Will Launch a New Oil Refinery
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev congratulates Xi Jinping on Chinese New Year
- Part of Shymkent’s 3-Billion-Tenge Dam Destroyed One Month After Completion
- Putin to Visit Kazakhstan in Late May at Tokayev’s Invitation