Death at Company: Oil Workers Demand Better Working Conditions
Photo: Pixabay, illustrative purposes
The incident occurred at the Northern Buzachi deposit, operated by Buzachi Operating Ltd., Orda.kz reports.
Lada.kz reports that on December 24, fourth-class oil and gas production operator Dosan Akhmetov, born in 1988, died at the Mangystau field. The cause is being investigated.
He was found near a working oil pump.
Based on GPS data, he arrived at the site at 09:53 to perform a walk-through. He was found lifeless at 11:15. On the morning of December 25, an accident investigation committee left for the scene,
The State Labor Inspectorate head, Nurali Baulibayev, told Lada.kz.
Inspectors have already checked the equipment, studied technical documentation, and interviewed eyewitnesses.
They also conducted a test run of the oil pump.
All this information is documented in a protocol. At the moment, the causes of the incident are being investigated,
added Baulibayev.
After the accident, the man's colleagues recorded a video message.
They are concerned about workplace safety. Dosan Akhmetov was his family's provider.
He was survived by three children.
The eldest child is sick, and the youngest is only one year old. This loss has deeply shocked and shaken us all. Each of us works in dangerous facilities every day, putting ourselves at risk. We are not only workers, but also heads of families, breadwinners. We cannot remain indifferent when safety in the workplace is questioned,
the workers said.
Oil workers have demanded a meeting with the management of the Buzachi Operating Company to discuss measures to ensure labor safety.
The police have opened a criminal case under Article 156 of the Criminal Code, “Violation of Labor Protection Regulations.”
The operator of the Northern Buzachi field is Buzachi Operating Ltd., founded in December 2004 specifically to develop the field.
The Chinese corporations CNPC and Sinopec own the company on a parity basis (50% each).
Last year, workers spoke out about mass layoffs and management pressure, and several years ago, they demanded higher wages.
Original Author: Zarina Fayzulina
Latest news
- Kazakhstan’s Credit Rating Upgraded for First Time in a Decade
- While Thousands Lost Power, KEGOC Executives Received Nearly Half a Billion Tenge
- Changi Airport Group May Help Build Astana’s New Airport
- US Again Extends Deadline for Lukoil to Sell Its Assets in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Extradites Business Manager From Russia in 290 Million Tenge Tax Case
- Released Amur Tiger Successfully Hunts in Kazakhstan’s Wild
- Kazakhstan Moves to Develop Critical Minerals as Global Competition Intensifies
- Another Performance by Kazakh Stand-Up Comedian Called Off
- Uzbekistan Begins Preparations for Second Nuclear Power Plant
- Backpack Links Glacier Remains to Man Missing for 19 Years
- 650-Hectare Wildfire Contained in Karaganda Region
- Unusual Wildlife Encounter Captured in Altyn-Emel
- Retired Border Service Dog Sold for $2 at Kazakhstan Auction
- Will Kazakhstan Have Enough Coal This Winter?
- Belarusian Hikers Find Body on Glacier Near Almaty
- Kazakhstan Investigates Spending on 242 Million Tenge Educational Game
- Kazakhstan Makes Caspian Oil Companies Pay for Counterterrorism Deployments
- Kazakhstan Faces Shortage of 245,000 School Places
- Waste Dumping Reported Near Yurt Camps at Lake Zaisan
- Kazakh Oil Rerouted to Novorossiysk as Russia Frees Baltic Export Capacity