Russia Hits Ukraine with Mass Air Attacks
Photo: Telegram channel of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine
For the first time since August, Russia launched a combined missile and drone strike on Ukraine on the night of November 17, the BBC writes.
An emergency power outage was introduced in the country. Five people are known to have died.
President Volodomyr Zelenskyy says the Russian military used about 120 missiles and 90 drones to attack Ukraine on Sunday.
The enemy’s target was our energy infrastructure throughout Ukraine. Unfortunately, there is damage to objects from hits and falling debris, Zelenskyy said
Andriy Sybiga, Ukraine's foreign minister, said Russia had carried out "one of the largest air attacks" since the war began.
Amid Kyiv's routine calls for allies to boost air defenses, the Ukrainian Air Force reports to have shot down seven of the eight hypersonic Kinzhal missiles and one Tsirkon, as well as another 89 cruise missiles and five aircraft missiles. The Kyiv military administration stated that "almost the entire territory of Ukraine was under attack. The Ukrainian authorities had assumed the attacks would resume with the onset of cold weather.
The attack involved two long-range and seven strategic bombers, as well as other aircraft.
At the same time, the Russian Defense Ministry claims the Russian military "delivered the massive strike with high-precision weapons" and drones on "critically strategic energy infrastructure facilities." The Ministry also claims these facilities supported the operation of the military-industrial complex.
The ministry labeled the strikes as targeting "military production enterprises."
Russia has been attacking Ukraine's energy infrastructure since late 2022. The energy complex has sustained significant damage.
Meanwhile, the Russian opposition organized a mass protest in Berlin.
The protest's slogan is "Against the war. Against Putin. For the freedom of political prisoners." Participants demand an end to the war against Ukraine, the release of political prisoners, and the prosecution of President Vladimir Putin as a war criminal.




Well-known opposition politicians, including Ilya Yashin, Yulia Navalnaya, and Vladimir Kara-Murza, organized the event. Several thousand people gathered in Berlin for the march, which ended at the Russian embassy next to the Brandenburg Gate.
Original Authors: Rimma Karatayeva, Rustam Muratov
Latest news
- Kazakhstanis Made 27 Million Cinema Visits Last Year
- How Kazakhstan Buys Medicines Through Its State Operator
- EAEU Eases Freight Restrictions On Key Transport Corridors
- No Textbooks, Not Enough Specialists: What Kazakhstan Promised Visually Impaired Children
- Kazakhstan Has Almost Three Times More Old Cars Than New Ones
- Businesses Warn Unfinished Cargo Document System Could Lead To Unfair Fines
- Kazakhstan To Mine More Coal Despite Green Energy Pledges
- Astana LRT Finally Opens After Years Of Delays
- Kazakhstan Delivers Humanitarian Aid To Iran
- Oil Market Volatility And A Stronger Dollar — Kazakhstan’s Week In Review
- Authorities To Tighten Astana Development Rules
- “We Need A Year Of Observation” — Talks On Kazakhstan’s Balkhash Nuclear Power Plant Held In Moscow
- Parking In Astana To Become More Expensive
- Kazakhstan To Launch Artificial Rainfall Project
- Kazakhstan’s Health Ministry Admits Medicine Supply Disruptions
- Center Of Turkic Civilization To Be Built In Turkestan
- Who Will Be Able To Join Halyk Kenesi, Parliament Says
- The OTS Seeks Influence — Can The Turkic Union Become A Real Political Player?
- Astana Records 1,500 Traffic Violations A Day, Akimat Says
- “Not A Military Alliance, But A Platform For Cooperation” — Tokayev Speaks At OTS Summit In Turkestan