Foreign business: Which Companies Are in Kazakhstan?
Kazakhstan has the largest number of foreign companies in the auto trade. According to statistics, there are currently about 15 thousand of them. At the same time, the number of people willing to sell cars in Kazakhstan is growing every year (32% increase), reports Orda.kz .
According to the Bureau of National Statistics, as of September 1 of this year, there were 41.4 thousand operating companies with foreign participation in the republic. This is 33.2% more than a year earlier.
Most of them are small enterprises – 40.8 thousand, medium–sized – 326, and large – 243.
In the ranking by the number of operating enterprises with the participation of foreign capital, Russia occupies the first place by a large margin. As of September 2023, there were more than 18.6 thousand Russian firms in Kazakhstan. Türkiye (3.8 thousand), Uzbekistan (2.6 thousand), Kyrgyzstan (2.2 thousand) and China (2.2 thousand companies) also landed in the top five.
It turned out that foreigners most often choose to work in Kazakhstan in the field of trade, as well as repair of cars and motorcycles – almost 15 thousand companies (+32% more than last year).
Also among the leaders are construction – 3.5 thousand companies, information and communication – 3.3 thousand, professional scientific and technical activities – 3.3 thousand.
Original Author: Silam Aqbota
DISCLAIMER: This is a translated piece. The text has been modified, the content is the same. Please refer to the original article in Russian for accuracy.
- Turkish Сompany YDA Group Wants to Buy Kazakhstani Plant. Why Are Workers Opposed?
- Ministry of Justice Explained Why Petition against Domestic Violence Has No Legal Force
- Why Does Priest Iakov Vorontsov Want to Create Church Independent of Moscow in Kazakhstan
- Why Do Certain Banks Receive Financial Assistance from State?
- Why Did Kulibayev Change Managers of His Holding Company?
- Deputies Criticized Draft Law on Mass Media, But Adopted It in First Reading
- Europe Again Reminded Kazakhstan About Sanctions
- Why Is Kazakhstan Interested in Cooperating with Togo?
- Are There Officials Against Toughening Law on Domestic Violence in Kazakhstan?
- Political Scientists Explained Divergence in Positions of Toqayev and the CSTO Secretary General
- Local Activists Voice Opinions on Domestic Violence
- To Be or Not to Be: What Could Come of Exporting Green Energy to Europe?
- Court Does Not Want to Heed UN's recommendations - Zhanbolat Mamay's Lawyer
- Five Years: Potential Problems for Kazakhstan’s South Stemming from Canal in North Afghanistan
- How Nurbol Nazarbayev Became Owner of Father's Holding
- Nukenova's Death: Kazakhstanis Discussing Family and Domestic Violence More Actively
- Spaniards demand Dinara Kulibayev Return Road Leading to Sea Coast
- Kazakhstan's Duty, Armenia's Withdrawal, or Information Wars: What Did Tasmagambetov Talk about?
- Multi-vector or Travel Season? Why Did Leaders Come to Kazakhstan?
- Aikorkem’s Death: Prosecutor Requested 7 years, Defense - Acquittal