KazMunayGas Commented on Strike in Zhanaozen
Photo: KazMunayGas
The strike in Zhanaozen began on November 12, and strikers claimed to face threats from unknown callers.
Chair of the KMG Board Askhat Khasenov spoke about the strike, calling it unauthorized, and noted that employees are already returning to work, Orda.kz reports.
Their demands included the return of the independent wage system, which was abolished in 2013, an increase in wages, the employment of workers' children, and a solution to the city's unemployment problem.
KazMunayGas had previously rejected the workers' demands.
We always say that unauthorized demonstrations are the wrong approach. We are always open: there is a general director, there is a specially created representative office in the Mangystau region. There is oversight over working relationships. And the algorithm, as I understand it, must be followed. As for the media, there was incorrect information: supposedly these issues (the workers' demands) are not discussed. But this is not true. I have a document listing the demands. Most of these demands have been met. We explained this back in April. <...> Now actions in our understanding are as follows: everyone must go to work, and we must continue our explanatory part. And the work is being done. People receive explanations and go out. In the same drilling department, 19 people went out today..." said Khasenov.
He added that 19-20 people begin their work duties every day.
Everyone must go to work. Every day, I want to note, we give explanations, and people go to work. Today, 19 more people are at work. 160-170 people have been on strike in recent days, of which every day we see that 19-20 people go to work after they receive explanations, added Askhat Khasenov.
He said the strike has already affected OzenMunayGas's production indicators. At the peak of the protests, the company was losing up to 100 tons of oil per day in production.
Unfortunately, the oil production figures at OzenMunaygas leave much to be desired for various reasons, including low labor discipline. Today, they should be producing six million tons to improve all the company's financial indicators. But last year they produced 4.8 million, this year the production will be 5.1 million tons. There are no miracles, we need to increase oil production, emphasized Askhat Khasenov.
Original Author: Anastasia Prilepskaya
Latest news
- Kazakhstan’s Credit Rating Upgraded for First Time in a Decade
- While Thousands Lost Power, KEGOC Executives Received Nearly Half a Billion Tenge
- Changi Airport Group May Help Build Astana’s New Airport
- US Again Extends Deadline for Lukoil to Sell Its Assets in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Extradites Business Manager From Russia in 290 Million Tenge Tax Case
- Released Amur Tiger Successfully Hunts in Kazakhstan’s Wild
- Kazakhstan Moves to Develop Critical Minerals as Global Competition Intensifies
- Another Performance by Kazakh Stand-Up Comedian Called Off
- Uzbekistan Begins Preparations for Second Nuclear Power Plant
- Backpack Links Glacier Remains to Man Missing for 19 Years
- 650-Hectare Wildfire Contained in Karaganda Region
- Unusual Wildlife Encounter Captured in Altyn-Emel
- Retired Border Service Dog Sold for $2 at Kazakhstan Auction
- Will Kazakhstan Have Enough Coal This Winter?
- Belarusian Hikers Find Body on Glacier Near Almaty
- Kazakhstan Investigates Spending on 242 Million Tenge Educational Game
- Kazakhstan Makes Caspian Oil Companies Pay for Counterterrorism Deployments
- Kazakhstan Faces Shortage of 245,000 School Places
- Waste Dumping Reported Near Yurt Camps at Lake Zaisan
- Kazakh Oil Rerouted to Novorossiysk as Russia Frees Baltic Export Capacity